Welcome to SHADDA - the St Helens and District Dyslexia Association
It is the responsibility of individuals and parents to check the suitability of teachers, their teaching methods, training and qualifications and to negotiate fees and appointments. SHADDA does not undertake to recommend any individual professional.
The following teachers have said that they are experienced in assessing the needs of those with specific learning difficulties/dyslexia and use structured multi-sensory teaching programmes of the kind recommended by the British Dyslexia Association.
PGCE means the person has a Post Graduate Certificate of Education. CertEd or PGCE (?PGCHE?) means the person has a recognised teaching qualification. SEN/Dyslexia indicates the person has a recommended qualification in Special Educational Needs or Dyslexia such as British Dyslexia Association Approved Teacher Status (AMBDA) or equivalent, APC means the person has an Approved Practitioner Certificate.
The list is arranged alphabetically.
- Christine Brownless (Croxteth Park, Liverpool) BA (Primary).
- Tel: 0151 546 0424 (Checked before 2012)
- Dyslexia Teaching Centre Several tutors available through this centre including Michelle Pemberton who runs the centre.
- Mail: 436 Atherton Road, Mossley Hill, Liverpool. L18 3JX
- Tel: 0151 280 0317 (Checked 14/06/12)
- Edna Pye (Allerton) Teaching Cert. MA in Special Education, SEN/Dyslexia.
- Tel: 0151 724 5267 (Checked before 2012)
- Caroline Roberts (Aigburgh) Kingstone Programme.
- Tel: 0151 494 9724 (Checked before 2012)
- Evelyn C Smith (Wirral) MA Oxen, Hornsley Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties/Dyslexia (Based on Alpha to Omega) (Adults and Children).
- Tel: 0151 678 1620 (Checked before 2012)
- Janet Traynor (Calderstones) M Ed in SENSEN/Dyslexia.
- Tel: 0151 724 1685 (Checked before 2012)