Welcome to SHADDA - the St Helens and District Dyslexia Association
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The type of information we collect from you depends on how you use our ite. Generally, we collect personal information in two ways:
- you provide it to us, e.g. when you provide personal information to us such as your name, contact information or the contents of your communication.
- Some technical information is gathered automatically. This information may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (often associated with the portal through which you enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (“ISP”), your company or your university), browser type, referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We gather this information using third-party services such as Google Analytics for the purpose of monitoring website performance and determining customer service and site needs (For more information on Google’s privacy practices please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/)
We may use such information for the following purposes:
- To better understand how visitors access and use our site, helping us to improve the site and respond to user preferences, and for other analytical purposes;
- To provide our services to you, which may include communicating with you about your use of our site and services, responding to your inquiries, troubleshooting problems, working with our third-party providers to process your requests and for other customer service purposes;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, provide personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience while using this site;
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including, for example, to send you news and newsletters, promotions, or to otherwise contact you about projects and information we think may interest you provided you have opted into receiving such communications from us;
- To allow you to access and register for our services more easily.
We only collect the minimum amount of information that we consider necessary for achieving the above-mentioned purposes. If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you. If you submit any personal information to us in response to a job posting (e.g. your resume), this may be shared with third parties depending on the nature of your inquiry. Personal information collected in this capacity will be used solely for the purpose specified.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. In certain circumstances we may be required by law to retain your personal information, or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing a service.
Pursuant to the GDPR, all EU and UK users have the right to remove, or request the removal of, content or information they have posted publicly on the Site. Please be advised that any information you post to a bulletin board, message board, chat room, community, or other forum is publicly viewable. We strongly recommend that all users avoid posting personal or sensitive information at any time.
Please note that removal of this content or information from public view does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal. After your removal request has been honored, we may retain copies of the content or information you have previously posted on our servers.
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable law.
2. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third-parties to enforce laws and intellectual property rights. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement, an applicable regulator, or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can disclose your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; report suspected illegal activity; or in response to a regulator’s request for information regarding compliance with applicable law.
3. STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
Depending on how you access our site, or where you contact us, this information is stored on the servers of our service providers.
4. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use reasonable physical, procedural, technical and administrative security measures to protect your personal information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. CONTACT US
This site is operated by SHADDA and Lucem. If you believe that we have not responded to your privacy-related inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact Lucem at https://www.box42/com/contact or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. NEWSLETTERS AND COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU
We invite people who are interested in hearing more about our activities on the site or any other SHADDA affiliated sites to sign up to our newsletters in various ways. By signing up to one of our newsletters you are giving consent to receive relevant marketing emails and communications from us.