Welcome to SHADDA - the St Helens and District Dyslexia Association
- Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk may retain and use the personal information that you register on the site only in accordance with the
requirements of the GDPR. The information you register on this site is
- entirely voluntary, non-confidential, gratuitous and with full consent,
- may be visible to all other users, and
- is retained by Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk solely for the purposes of the site and collaborations.
- Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk may approach you through the site to further pursue any contribution you have made or connect you with other users to facilitate opportunities for mentoring and/or fulfilling any other services offered.
The site operators undertake:
- Not to divulge your personal information for marketing or advertising purposes for itself or third parties. Please note that, when you sign up to be a user or contributor, you will be subscribed to our email list but you may unsubscribe at any time.
- To act ethically and openly with all users of the site and to remove any content that clearly may offend users.
- Not to copy any content or files for purposes other than expressed in these terms and to treat audio, video and photo images as anonymous even if they give names, identities or if individuals are identifiable.
This agreement contains disclaimers and other provisions that limit our liability to you. If you do not agree to these terms do not further access this Site.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is (i) to facilitate your use of the site, (ii) to connect users and service provider, and (iii) to be able to contact you in connection with your contributions and your use of the site. We only require the minimum personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
If you are using the site on behalf of an entity, you further represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative with the authority to bind such entity.
The Site is owned and operated by Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk. The design, content, and all other elements of the site are protected by copyright, author’s rights, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws.
While we endeavour to ensure that this site is available at all times, Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk shall not be liable if, for any reason, this site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk do not want to receive through this site any confidential or proprietary information or materials otherwise subject to use restrictions.
- You understand that all contributions may be made visible to other users and will be deemed public and not confidential.
- We will not allow or accept:
- harassing, abusive, or threatening messages;
- transmitting through the Site any information, data, text, files, links, images, software, or other materials that we consider to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- sending spam or other direct marketing communications or posting, transmitting or linking to any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation or commercial content;
- posting or transmitting executable programming of any kind, including viruses, spyware, trojan horses, easter eggs, or any other form of computer programming;
If you are viewing this site on a public computer or are otherwise using a computer to which multiple people have potential access, you agree to follow good practice and ensure that you are sufficiently disconnected and logged off this site and the computer system you are using to prevent unauthorised contributions.
Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk retain the right to review, edit or delete from the site any contribution or content which we consider illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
Communications to the Site Administrator
The materials and information on this Site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk may make changes or improvements at any time without notice. The information and links provided on this site are provided "as is" without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk and the officers, directors, employees or agents of Lucem Ltd and shadda.org.uk exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damage arising from or connected in any way to business interruption and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence, contract or otherwise) in connection with the site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of use of the site, any websites linked to this site, or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that affect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing the site or any website linked to the site.